Are you a content creator and wondering, “How do you approach a hotel as an influencer?”. This is probably one of the questions I get asked most often. Below, I’m sharing my 8 Tips to Land a Hotel Collaboration. These tips will not only help get a complimentary stay at a hotel but will also help get collabs with brands in general.
- Follow and engage with the hotel’s Instagram account for a minimum of 2-4 weeks before requesting a collaboration. The people behind the social channels see and know who actively engages with their content. The first thing the PR person will do is check to see that you’re following them. Plus if you don’t follow them, how will you know if your content is a good fit with the brand?
- Do your research and find out who the public relations contact is for the hotel. Many brands list the appropriate contact on their press room or under the media section. If you can’t find it there, call the hotel to request the contact but do not ask to speak to PR. You want to send an email with your details through.
- Consider what kind of value you can provide the hotel that others cannot and how your brand aligns with the hotel brand.
- Do research on the needs of the hotel and how you can help them with their promotion.
- Send a personalized and professional email to the hotel PR person
- Be sure to include your engagement rates, links to your accounts and media kit, and your suggested deliverables in your pitch.
- Give as much lead time as possible so the hotel has ample time to review your details and, should they choose to partner, have time to organize the details.
- Follow up if you haven’t heard back in a week.
I hope you find these tips useful to help get a complimentary stay at a hotel. Let me know if you tried these tips to approach a hotel as an influencer, and how it went.